1. a strong man will struggle with the storms of fate.
2. a man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.
3. all that you do, do with your might; things done by halves are never done right.
4. a man can succeed at almost anything for which he was unlimited enthusiasm.
5. cease to struggle and you cease to live.
6. difficult circumstances serve as a textbook of life for people.
7. energy and persistence conquer all things.
8. for all pain helps to make us rise, however much we may hate it at the time.
9. failure is the mother of success.
10. fortune shows her power when there is no wise preparation for resisting her.
11. gods determine what you're going to be.
12. great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.
13. genius only means hard-working all one's life.
14. i succeeded because i willed it; i never hesitated.
15. if you should put even a little on a little, and should do this often, soon this too would become big.
16. it's better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all.
17. meet success like a gentleman and disaster like a man.
18. man errs so long as he strives.
19. nothing seeks, nothing finds.
20. none is of freedom or of life deserving unless he daily conquers it anew.
21. no road of flowers leads to glory.
22. nothing in the world is difficult for one who sets his mind on it.
23. our destiny offers not the cup of despair, but the chalice of opportunity.
24. only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly ever acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.
25. on life's earnest battle they only prevail, who daily march onward and never say fail.
26. prosperity is not without many fears and disasters; adversity is not without comforts and hopes.
厄运中并非不掺杂百般不安与逆悔，而不利中也并非不生活抚慰与巴望。 -- 培根
27. pursue your object, be it what it will, steadily and indefatigably.
28. perseverance is falling nineteen times and succeeding the twentieth.
29. success covers a multitude of blunders .
30. strength alone knows conflict, weakness is below even defeat, and is born vanquished.
31. there is no royal road to science, and only those who do not dread the fatiguing climb of gaining its numinous summits.
32 the man who has made up his mind to win will never say "impossible ".
33. towering genius disdains a beaten path. it seeks regions hitherto unexplored.
34. there is no such thing as a great talent without great will - power.
35. the good seaman is known in bad weather.
36. try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.
37. the people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for circumstances they want, and if they cannot find them, make them.
38. the failures and reverses which await men - and one after another sadden the brow of youth - add a dignity to the prospect of human life, which no arcadian success would do.
39. the drop of rain makes a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by of falling.
40. the darkest hour is that before the dawn. 平旦之前最暗暗